The wave contemplates the concept of Source and its perception of self. It looks and sees that it is made of the water. And within itself it sees the sunlight and the wind. It looks deeper and sees that earth and space is there too. The wave is related to the lake and the lake is related to the clouds and the rain, and the grass that grows and the animals that eat them. It is the raging river and the frozen arctic ice. The ice cube in the lemonade and the newborn kitten in the kitchen. And the whole earth, the galaxy and all the galaxies in the universe, and all the other universes; unfolding, expanding, Source experiencing itself.
The wave knows that she is wave or not-wave, and snow and mist and thunderous waterfall; sequentially and concurrently. In the present moment a wave is writing on snowflakes that became a tree, drinking a glacier sitting on a cloud in the milky way. And in the here and now a wave is breathing and knowing, and channelling reality.
Nowhere to be except here. Nothing to do except smile.
If you were to ask ten people what they want in life you are likely to get answers like happiness and peace. These are higher goals that most people aspire to have. Obviously, there are spiritual goals too. Let’s bring our attention to happiness and peace. These are examples of feeling good. If you were to think of a situation in which you feel happy you will likely cast your thoughts to sometime in the past that you felt happy. You will remember where and when and perhaps with whom you were with. As you begin to immerse yourself into this memory you will regain the happy feeling you had then, now. In essence you are able to feel this happy feeling anytime you want.
To illustrate this point further, imagine you are attending a wedding dinner. With a camera in your hand you decided to take some pictures. You scanned around. You proceeded to snap away. A few days later you fished out your camera from your bag and thumbed through those shots. Each shots reminded you a specific moment in time during the party. Some shots brings back moment of joy and laughter. Some shots bring back memories that go way back and connect to some nostalgia and etc. The effects of thumbing through those photos evoke a range of emotions. Think for a moment. If you have not thumbed through those photos you will unlikely have experienced those emotions during and after seeing it. With this awareness, you have some control on what you choose to feel anytime you want. It underscores the point that the mind and body are connected. What you think can produce feelings. What you choose to think will produce the feeling that you want.
Would you like to feel wonderful, now? You can. Here is how.
How to Feel Wonderful
You do not need to have a reason to feel wonderful. You can feel wonderful any time you want. This is how you do it:
Think of a situation in which you felt wonderful in the past.
Notice the surrounding, the people (if any), the sound and the feeling.
If you see yourself in the picture, float into it and be in the picture. See what you see, hear what you hear and feel what you feel.
Notice the location of this wonderful feeling in your body.
Touch the sensation with your hand and notice which direction it is moving.
Whichever direction it is moving, spin it faster.
By spinning it faster you get a more intense feeling of wonderful. Think about feeling gorgeous. You can have this feeling anytime you want. You don’t have to wait until you are dressed up for it.
Sometimes we just find it very hard to heal. We go around in circles, and find it hard to break free. We’ve had years of illness, bad luck, and maybe a victim mentality. The same reality repeats, again and again and again.
In this particular case, K had major triggering event in childhood she named ‘total devastation’. These statements were crafted to allow her to see that she somehow perpetuated this reality, stretched the moment and clung to it. She chose it, and therefore have the power to choose to change it. It’s about letting go of the idea of ‘I’ being the victim, ‘I’ being alone and in need while everyone else is having a good time. It was designed to be slightly provocative ,to engage the ego and dig out emotions which may be hidden. Also it’s meant to suggest to the user to let the ‘victim’ go, but in the event that he or she isn’t quite ready yet, it doesn’t push the envelope. Caution: This can only be used with skill and compassion, and isn’t meant for everyone. Please use with care.
If you are new to EFT and tapping please check the section on EFT Basics for the basic tapping technique.
1. Repeat 3 times: “I need to hang on to this ‘total devastation’. So that I can blame someone else. So that I can hold the world responsible for my misery. So I don’t have to take responsibility for myself. The world owes me, so-and-so owes me, they are responsible for my suffering, my pain.
2. just once: I’ll show them, I’ll make them sorry for hurting me, I’m going to be really, really sick, and then they’ll be sorry. They’ll be sorry for me, and give me attention, and love me. Poor me, look at me, negative attention is better than no attention. I need this ‘total devastation’ to protect me, from having to take responsibility, because I know I’m not good enough. I can’t take care of myself. I’m only a child inside, I can’t cope. I need you to take care of me. I need to be nurtured. I need to be loved. I need. I want. Nobody wants me. There’s only me in my world. I’m all alone in my world of me. I need to make people notice me.
3. Repeat 2 times: Even though I still need this piece of juicy melodrama, I’m now ready to think about letting it go. The more I think of ‘me’, ‘poor me’, ‘woe is me’, the more I box ‘myself’ into my lonely world of one. If only I can find another way of being, I just might be ready to let go. If only I can choose to be calm and confident; to include other people in my world, I might start to think about letting my melodrama go. If only it’s possible to let go of this siege mentality and enjoy being humble, selfless, and free. If only I knew what it feels like to be loving without expectations, to be open and giving, I might be willing to let the ‘victim’ go. If I was strong enough to have compassion and wisdom, and think more of others than of me, I will let the ‘victim’ rest, I will let my ‘I’ rest. I might be able to find the courage to let go of the river bank and flow into the river of life. But for now, I’m ok being who I am, and where I am. I have free choice.”
This sequence is for Enneagram Type Ones who want to do deeper work on overcoming their personality issues. Please tap daily for about 7 days, either morning or evening, making sure that in each day, you find some quiet time for yourself to do this. Leave it alone for 7 days, then look at these statements again. You may have some new insights or memories relevant to the development of your Enneagram Type. You can tap on these or ask me if you need help.
If you are new to the Enneagram, EFT and tapping, please first refer to these sections:
1. Please start the tapping with the point under your left shoulder (Reset Button), do 3 rounds of the following statements.:
“I have a basic fear of of being condemned, corrupt, bad, imbalanced, unredeemable, chaotic, defective, I hate mistakes.
I have a basic desire to align with the “Good”, “Sacred”, to be virtuous, balanced, to have integrity.
I am so afraid that my subjective feelings and impulses will lead me astray, impair my reason, tarnish my integrity.
I need to be right, to strive higher, to improve others, to be consistent with my ideals, to be beyond reproach, to be perfect, to be beyond the criticism and condemnation of others.
But in my heart of hearts, I know that my essential nature is Goodness, Sacredness.
This is just my ego experiencing itself in my personality. BUT I am more than my ego, I am more than my personality, I am more than my emotions, I am more than my thoughts. I am life beyond boundaries. I deeply and completely love and accept myself, I forgive myself, and anyone else who contributed to this situation.”
2. Now just do normal tapping, also 3 rounds:
These are the statements that reflect the emotions, and you can change or add as you feel. Just don’t do too many at one time or you might feel overwhelmed:
“I feel guilty all the time. I feel like nurturing myself is wrong. I feel guilty about taking time out for myself. Cooking healthy food for myself is a waste of time. Enjoying myself in anyway is wrong. And I resent those who can do it.
Not having a job, and living off someone else’s money is wrong, I feel guilty, I am a bad person
I feel ashamed, not good enough, I need to be perfect – I’m my own worst critic
I feel the fear of death, I have a death wish, I am ashamed of myself.
I feel bitter, grim, parched, resentful
I am tired of feeling this way. I am struggling with a cocktail of emotions that is not really helping me. I am reacting all the time with attachment and aversion, I’m tired of all this. I have no control. The problem is NOT what is happening to me, it’s what I’m THINKING about what’s happening to me, and what I am FEELING about what is happening to me.”
“I now choose to focus on the solution rather than the problem, and to change from being JUDGEMENTAL and OBSESSIVE, to experience my essential quality: the quiet SERENITY within. What would I be without that thought that I was bad, wrong, condemnable? What if I was free to feel good about who I am and where I am now?
I now choose to know that working on myself, and ensuring that I am the best that I can be means that I can be FULLY here. I’ve been running on an empty tank for a long time. Now it’s time to put petrol in the car, so that I can be FULLY PRESENT to my life, available for my family. I appreciate myself for getting the help I need, and doing the work so that I can be at the highest expression of who I am.”
3. Now do 3 rounds of this affirmations to get in touch with your true nature:
“I now choose to release the conviction that I am in a position to judge anything or anyone objectively, including myself.
I choose to be in touch with
my discerning mind, my inner wisdom
my generosity of spirit
my mindfulness, groundedness
I choose to be in touch with GOODNESS, SACREDNESS (outside and inside of myself),
I choose to appreciate myself for being in touch with the goodness of life. I respect myself for the journey that I am going through, and know that I am never separate from the PERFECTION of life
I choose to know that I am noble and pure, wise and kind, life-affirming and all-embracing
I choose to experience the STILLNESS, CALM and SERENITY within.”
Adapted from the work of Don Riso and Russ Hudson of the Enneagram Institute