Even though I have all these issues below, I now understand that it is part of who I am, I deeply and completely love and accept myself, I forgive myself and I forgive anyone else who contributed to this situation. Sometimes it’s hard to be me, I acknowledge that I have some challenges like:
- being slow to put my knowledge and insights out in the world, but that’s ok
- feeling bad when I act defensive or like a know-it-all, but that’s ok
- being pressured to be with people when I don’t want to be, but that’s ok
- watching others with better social skills, but less intelligence or technical skill, do better professionally, but that’s ok
Now that I understand more, I can also choose to transcend and release those energies which are not in my best interest to retain. I now choose to release……
- all fearfulness of the world around me.
- all feelings of powerlessness and hopelessness.
- my fear of being violated or overwhelmed by others.
- my dark and destructive fantasies.
- isolating myself by rejecting others.
- believing that no one can be depended on.
- desiring to antagonize others and ruin their peace of mind.
- being cynical and contemptuous of the normalcy of others.
- fearing that others will exploit me.
- feeling that I am a misfit in life.
- being secretive and hiding from people.
- postponing my emotional needs.
- neglecting my physical health and appearance.
- the agitation and restlessness of my mind.
- feeling that I always need to know more before I do anything.
- avoiding my life by escaping into my mind.
I now choose to appreciate myself for…
- standing back and viewing life objectively
- coming to a thorough understanding; perceiving causes and effects
- my sense of integrity: doing what I think is right and not being influenced by social pressure
- not being caught up in material possessions and status
- being calm in a crisis
I now choose to affirm…
- that I am secure and grounded in the reality of my own life.
- the strength and wonder of my body.
- the value of my inventiveness and sense of humor.
- that I accept uncertainty and abiguity.
- that my life and struggles are meaningful and rewarding.
- that I have faith in the future and in human beings.
- that I reach out to others confidently as an equal.
- that I find serenity in being compassionate toward others.
- that I support others from the fullness of my heart.
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele, The Enneagram Made Easy
Don Richard Riso, Enneagram Transformations