Even though I have all these issues below, I now understand that it is part of who I am, I deeply and completely love and accept myself, I forgive myself and I forgive anyone else who contributed to these issues. Sometimes it’s hard to be me. Sometimes I have difficulties like
- experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair, but that’s ok
- feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don’t deserve to be loved, but that’s ok
- feeling guilty when I disappoint people, but that’s ok
- feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me, but that’s ok
- expecting too much from myself and life, but that’s ok
- fearing being abandoned, but that’s ok
- obsessing over resentments, but that’s ok
- longing for what I don’t have, but that’s ok
Now that I understand myself a little more, and know that I am more than my fluctuating moods and emotions, I can also choose to transcend and release those energies which are not in my best interest to retain. I now choose to release……
- turning my anger and aggressions against myself.
- all self-hatred and self-contempt.
- all feelings of hopelessness and despair.
- all self-sabotaging thoughts and actions.
- feeling that I am inadequate and defective.
- the fear that I am unimportant and undesirable.
- feeling shameful and misunderstood by others.
- being distraught, fatigued, and inhibited.
- feeling that people always let me down.
- all unrealistic expectations of myself and others.
- all claims of needing to be treated differently.
- all self-indulgence in my emotions and behavior.
- all self-doubt and emotional vulnerability.
- wanting to protect myself by withdrawing from others.
- all wasteful fantasies and romantic longings.
- dwelling on the past to prolong my feelings.
I now choose to appreciate myself for:
- my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level
- my ability to establish warm connections with people
- admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life
- my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor
- being unique and being seen as unique by others
- having aesthetic sensibilities
- being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me
I now choose to affirm…
- that I am not defined by my feelings.
- that only the feelings I act on express who I am.
- that I open myself up to people and the world.
- that I use all of my experiences to grow.
- the goodness of my life, my friends, and myself.
- that I love myself and treat myself gently.
- that I am free of the damage of my past.
- that I am transforming my life into something higher.
- that I am bringing something good and beautiful into the world.
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele, The Enneagram Made Easy
Don Richard Riso, Enneagram Transformations