Even though I have all these issues below, I now understand that it is part of who I am, I deeply and completely love and accept myself, I forgive myself and I forgive anyone else who contributed to these issues. Sometimes it’s hard to be me, I acknowledge that I have some issues like:
- being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive, but that’s ok
- being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline, but that’s ok
- being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch of the mouth personally, but that’s ok
- being confused about what I really want, but that’s ok
- caring too much about what others will think of me, but that’s ok
- not being listened to or taken seriously, but that’s ok
But I now CHOOSE to acknowledge and appreciate myself for my strong points, like:
- being nonjudgmental and accepting
- caring for and being concerned about others
- being able to relax and have a good time
- knowing that most people enjoy my company; I’m easy to be around
- my ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good mediator and facilitator
- my heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and now
- being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe
Now that I understand more, I can also choose to transcend and release those energies which are not in my best interest to retain. I now choose to release……
- not taking an active interest in my own life.
- turning away from whatever is umpleasant or difficult.
- feeling that there is nothing I can do to improve my life.
- being numb and emotionally unavailable.
- refusing to see my own aggressions.
- ignoring problems until they become overwhelming.
- all dependency and fear of being on my own.
- all wishful thinking and giving up too soon.
- neglecting myself and my own legitimate needs.
- seeking quick, easy “solutions” to my problems.
- feeling threatened by significant changes in my life.
- losing myself in comforting habits and routines.
- feeling that most things are just too much trouble.
- all inattentiveness and forgetfulness.
- going along with others to keep the peace.
- living through others and not developing myself.
I now choose to affirm…
- that I am confident, strong, and independent.
- that I develop my mind and think things through.
- that I am awake and alert to the world around me.
- that I am proud of myself and my abilities.
- that I am steadfast and dependable in difficult times.
- that I look deeply into myself without fear.
- that I am excited about my future.
- that I am a powerful, healing force in my world.
- that I actively embrace all that life brings.
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele, The Enneagram Made Easy
Don Richard Riso, Enneagram Transformations