Even though I have all these issues below, I now understand that it is part of who I am, I deeply and completely love and accept myself, I forgive myself and I forgive anyone else who contributed to these issues. Sometimes I have challenges like
- having to put up with inefficiency and incompetence, but that’s ok
- the fear of not being — or of not being seen as — successful, but that’s ok
- comparing myself to people who do things better, but that’s ok
- struggling to hang on to my success, but that’s ok
- putting on facades in order to impress people, but that’s ok
- always being “on.” It’s exhausting, but that’s ok
Now that I understand more, I can also choose to transcend and release those energies which are not in my best interest to retain. I now choose to release……
- being obsessed by my hostile feelings toward others.
- believing that sabotaging others will make things better for me.
- feeling jealous of others and their good fortune.
- my fear of failing and being humiliated.
- fearing that I am inadequate and will be rejected.
- feeling that I must conceal my mistakes and limitations.
- closing down my feelings in order to function.
- betraying my own integrity to get the admiration of others.
- attempting to misrepresent myself and my abilities.
- the grandiose expectations I have of myself.
- craving constant attention and affirmation.
- using arrogance to compensate for my own insecurity.
- desiring to impress others with my performance.
- concealing myself behind masks.
- comparing myself with others.
- driving myself relentlessly to be the best.
I choose to acknowledge and appreciate myself for my strong points, like
- being optimistic, friendly, and upbeat
- providing well for my family
- being able to recover quickly from setbacks and to charge ahead to the next challenge
- staying informed, knowing what’s going on
- being competent and able to get things to work efficiently
- being able to motivate people
I now choose to affirm…
- that I have value regardless of my achievements.
- that I am centered and emotionally available.
- that I am caring and have a good heart.
- that I take in the love others give me.
- that I am responsible to those who look up to me.
- that I am happy to work for the good of others.
- that I develop my true talents by accepting who I am.
- that I delight in the accomplishments and successes of others.
- that I can reveal my real self without being afraid.
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele, The Enneagram Made Easy
Don Richard Riso, Enneagram Transformations